So Your School Is Starting a Business Chinese Program?
- Service Briefs
- AP Chinese Syllabi Available on College Board Website
- Chinese Language Series for College (Webinar Recording)
- Chinese Language Series for K-12 (Webinar Recording)
- So Your School Is Launching An Asian-Language Program?
- So Your School Is Starting a Business Chinese Program?
- Teaching Chinese Language, Theory and Application Part 1 (Webinar Recording)
- Teaching Chinese Language, Theory and Application Part 2 (Webinar Recording)
China has become real force in the global economy over the past decade, and analysts are predicting a growing need for professionals with Chinese language skills in the business arena. Language departments and business schools are responding with a wave of business-oriented Chinese courses. but before teachers and administrators jump on the bandwagon, they need to evaluate their resources and then carefully consider their approach to this new breed of language students. for insight on how to best serve the needs of learners of business Chinese, Cheng & Tsui Company interviewed Jane C. M. Kuo, director of Chinese studies at the University of California - San Diego, and Wan-wen Kuo (not related), a lecturer in east asian languages at the University of Pennsylvania. Attached are some of their suggestions.